What Does it Mean to be Certified Women Owned?
- Getting Certified means Getting Visible so that buyers, wholesalers and consumers can easily identify brands that are diverse women suppliers. Many corporations rely on a variety of local and national certifying agencies to help them find diverse-owned businesses.
- A seal of certification is a formal guarantee to corporations that they are purchasing goods and/or services from a particular group of business owners.
- Certification is key. Many firms will not begin the relationship building process if you do not have current certification.
- Companies will search supplier diversity databases when searching for diverse suppliers.*
- Suppliers may submit products or services for consideration through company supplier diversity departments and/or online through a dedicated supplier diversity portal.
*Corporate Members of Women of the Vine & Spirits who become Women Owned Certified will be featured in the Women of the Vine & Spirits Women Owned & Certified Database.
Wine Intelligence Report Key Findings
Wine Intelligence and Women of the Vine & Spirits formed a Strategic Alliance, starting with a collaboration to produce a new report, The Truth Behind Gender and Global Wine Consumption: Do Women Really Approach Wine in a Different Way to Men?
Key Findings: The evidence suggests women are more likely to purchase wines made by female winemakers when this fact is consciously pointed out to them in an explicit way. (Source: Wine Intelligence, Vinitrac® Global, July 2018).
As part of our Strategic Alliance, Corporate Members of Women of the Vine & Spirits receive special pricing, saving 33.33% of the total price of report. To receive the promo code email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Even the Playing Field for Woman-Owned Companies in Alcohol Beverage
Looking for more information? View our Women of the Vine & Spirits Live Webinar: How to Even the Playing Field for Woman-Owned Companies in Alcohol Beverage. Learn more about the Women Owned & Certified Program and how Certify My Company can help your business. Hosted by Heather Cox, Co-Founder and President, Certify My Company and Deborah Brenner, Founder & CEO, Women of the Vine & Spirits.