Join Women of the Vine & Spirits for a Online Networking Chat: Hosted by WOTVS Membership & Marketing Manager Diana Allard
Wednesday, December 11
1:00PM PST / 4:00PM EST
Are you looking to build meaningful relationships within the alcohol beverage industry?
Are you looking for more opportunities other than after-work receptions to meet and connect with others in the industry?
Are you looking to make real connections “face-to-face” from the comfort of your home or office?
We at WOTVS know your days are packed with meetings and events, but you still crave that personal connection with others in this industry - you just can’t find the time or commit to after-work events to do so.
By joining our Online Networking Chats, you are allowing yourself the opportunity to spend one hour out of your busy day making meaningful connections, sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement with other WOTVS members. This is your space and your time to network without all the “work”! What we mean is: you don’t have to fight traffic to get to a reception at 5:30 pm, you don’t have to worry about not meeting anyone, you don’t have to worry about your outfit, you don’t have to even wear heels…make that shoes!
We welcome you to join our engaging community of like-minded industry professionals as we spend an hour creating connections with WOTVS members from all over the world and across all industry sectors of the alcohol beverage industry. From experience, we know the time spent on these chats will leave you feeling inspired and energized. We can’t wait to meet you!
Things to Consider
- LinkedIn conducted a survey that revealed 85% of all jobs are filled by networking.
- New research in the Harvard Business Review finds that not only do women benefit from having a network of well-connected peers across different groups, women who also have an inner circle of close female contacts are more likely to land executive positions with greater authority and higher pay.
- Research from Shawn Achor, author of “The Happiness Advantage”, found that social connection is one of the greatest predictors of happiness and reduced stress.
Things to Remember
- You have many things to offer. Keep an open mind and really listen to those you meet. You don't know when your expertise, or someone you know may be helpful to someone else. You may have a common connection with someone and by sharing your story, you have the power to inspire others.
- Your profile plays an important role. It is essential to thoroughly complete your WOTVS professional profile presence. This is a prerequisite, as anyone in the Directory might try to reach you.
- Participate. This is a proactive community. We strive to provide the tools you need to succeed. Join our webinars, live chats and groups. Your voice is vital in this industry! We invite you to collaborate in a space where your voice can be heard and championed by a global network.
- Commit. Follow-up with members in our WOTVS community, you can reach out to them through our Directory. To keep connections alive, they must be nurtured.
Any questions, topics you'd like to discuss please e-mail them to email@example.com.
Due to this chat being live, it will not be recorded.
Spots are limited! This is YOUR opportunity to network among WOTVS members!
Diana has always been an artist. She started out small, working at local surf shops or guitar factories. But in every odd position she worked, she ended up in the design department working on ads or art directing a photoshoot. Born and raised on the beautiful central coast of California, Diana decided after receiving her associates in Liberal Arts that she would move up to her second home and design haven Portland, OR for college.
Diana was driven and determined, working a full-time job while attending school full time, working 40 hours a week as a billing specialist and administrative assistant at a mental health facility and tirelessly creating design projects at night. She graduated Portland State with a B.S. in Graphic Design in 2017, specializing in brand identity, packaging, and illustration.
Diana started her design career right out of college where she worked as an Executive Assistant and Production Designer for a Creative Agency in Portland, OR. There, she gained her chops not only on administrative duties and design, but art directing, event coordinating, and marketing. While working alongside a team of talented project managers on high profile marketing campaigns she realized her passion was in another direction.
After 6 years of the Pacific Northwest she decided to move back to sunny California to pursue her interest in project management and marketing. Back on the central coast, she found a position with Women of the Vine & Spirits where she couldn’t be happier working in an organization that is dedicated to women empowerment and advancement in the alcohol beverage industry.
On her days off she enjoys hanging out with her friends, wine tasting, fishing, mini road trips, and running on the beach.